- 22/04 - 26/04ChemOnTubes 2018 - International meeting on the chemistry of graphene and carbon nanotubes , April 22-26, 2018 - Biarritz
ChemOnTubes 2018 will happen from April 22 to April 26, 2018 in Biarritz, Nouvelle Aquitaine, France. This chemistry – certified event will be the perfect place to share your latest results on chemistry at large on graphene, carbon nanotubes and other related nanoforms of carbon and hear about your colleagues' work in the area. More info on http://chemontubes2018.crpp-bordeaux.cnrs.fr/[ read more ]
- 28/05 - 31/05Bordeaux Polymer Conference - May 28-31, 2018 - Bordeaux INP
The Laboratoire de Chimie des Polymères Organiques (LCPO) is...[ read more ]
- 18/06 - 22/0614th International Conference on Organic Electronics - 2018 (ICOE-2018) , June 18 - 22, 2018 - Bordeaux,
The organizing committee cordially invites you to participate in...[ read more ]
- 25/06 - 29/062018 European Society For Biomaterials and US Society For Biomaterials Summer School, Bordeaux, France - 25-29 June 2018
This is a jointly organized event by the European Society For...[ read more ]
- 02/07 - 03/04AMADEus General Assembly & Workshop, July 2-3, 2018 - Latresne (Aérocampus)
The AMADEus General Assembly will take place on July 2nd, 2018 at...[ read more ]
- 17/09 - 19/09"Soft Matter for Functional Materials" School (SoFun’2), September 17-19, 2018 - Bordeaux
The SoFun’2 school is focused on the design of materials with...[ read more ]
- 20/09 - 22/09Self-Assembly of Colloidal Systems Conference (SACS'18), September 20-22, 2018 - Bordeaux
The International Conference on Self-Assembly of Colloidal...[ read more ]
The overall ambition of AMADEus is to become a worldwide-recognized major cluster in materials science, engineering and technology, carrying out scientific research and innovation at the interfaces of chemistry, physics, biology and engineering.
Advanced MAterials by DEsign
Materials are key components for the products manufactured by almost all industrial sectors. In fact, many 21st century innovations will depend on the development of new materials, with increasingly stringent demands on their intrinsic properties, costs, processing conditions, and on their impact on human health and the environment.
With the highly experienced research team in this LabEx, we expect to achieve major break-throughs in three main fields; (i) Organic electronics, in order to switch from silicon-based to organic semiconductors, which are much more flexible and can be formulated in the form of inks; (ii) Metamaterials, which are artificial composite materials with extraordinary electromagnetic and acoustic properties; and (iii) Bioactive materials, which may serve as matrices to conduct tissue regeneration, and to support cell transplantation in implants by means of tissue engineering.
As UBx boasts a unique combination of renowned scientific competences materials design, synthesis, characterization and system integration, we now have a real opportunity to create added value materials with a high knowledge content, new functionalities and improved performance.
Innovate for tomorrow’s materials
Already responding to our future needs and challenges for advanced materials
The AMADEus team will focus their efforts on 3 Key Transversal Competences to
meet the first 3 Targeted Research Challenges sharing common tools: the synthesis of high purity and high precision components, the study of complex fluid behavior far from equilibrium, the self-assembly control of complex fluids and the development of 2D and 3D printing processes.